Hys.septectomy: video: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=Eti8MQgLQao
- Women who abort repeatedly sometimes have a partition in their uterine cavity. This is due to a fibrous tissue in the
- centre of the uterus, which divides the uterus into two halves. This may sometimes interfere with continuation of pregnancy.
- Diagnosis of the septum can be made with the help of an X-ray called hysterosalpingogram or with 3-D ultrasonography.
- Treatment of the septum is by hysteroscopic septal resection. An instrument called the hysteroscope is inserted into the uterus and the septum resected with instruments.
- Removing the septum can restore the woman’s ability to continue with pregnancy.
- Hysteroscopic septal resection can be done as a day care procedure and the patient can go home on the same day itself.